Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: my beautiful
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 3, 2011 7:30 PM by: Winnie

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
dragonfly

my beautiful
Posted: Sep 2, 2011 12:57 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My beautiful boy has experienced 3 over doses and 1 heart attack and is only 23. He has spent 10 days in jail crammed in with other addicts and criminals. When I picked him up his whole body was shaking. My love for him is huge and painful, I never expected my son to be a heroine junkie. It doesn't stop, it doesn't stop. He has been in and out of rehab centers, attended AA meetings, been told how much he is loved and can't find a way to shake this horrible calling. My emotions are all over, acceptance, anger, fear, hope, hopelessness, heartache. He's out again, somewhere.....
I don't want to loose my faith in his recovery or my hope of his sobriety but I feel it fading. Pray for our children, pray for my beautiful boy, my sweet handsome young man full of potential and love. Bring him back to me to all of us.

mahayana

Re: my beautiful
Posted: Sep 2, 2011 10:55 PM

I will pray for you and for your son. Addiction is a devastating disease. He is lucky to have your support and unconditional love.

Winnie

Re: my beautiful
Posted: Sep 3, 2011 7:30 PM

You always love them, never give up hope, but you only offer threatment. You just never know, it took my son 3 in patient treatment centres, 1 out patient, therapists and 4 months of sober living. "something or someone" at the last treatment centre made my son realize he had to change. My son is now 15 months clean. I realize it is never over, but it does get a little easier as the clean time gets longer.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.