Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: he's going to prison but at least he's alive
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 26, 2011 10:34 PM by: sadbeam

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
ginamac

he's going to prison but at least he's alive
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 5:28 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My 20 yr old son Nick spent 4 months in jail for his misc drug charges, got out for 2 months, was put on a drug court program, missed a few meetings and appointments, overdosed AGAIN on heroin AGAIN (literally DIED - for the 2nd time) paramedics resuscitated him AGAIN and then he went back to jail.

He has court tomorrow and will more than likely have his probation revoked and go to prison now for the 5 year original term. I am numb but I am grateful he's alive, as messed up as it sounds, I am selling his car, I boxed up and stored his belongings as I can't bear to look at them. I can sleep at night knowing he's "safe".

Its a shame but that's where we are right now. I used to post and chat on this site and I took a long break from it but now I find myself wanting to connect again with everyone and offer them my support. Its exhausting but people in my "real life" just back away slowly when I tell them what's going on, they don't get it, you guys do.

Hugs to all of my friends on here, ones I already know and have yet to meet. Some good news: I got married New Year's Eve to a wonderful man who understands addiction and supports me 100% and loves my kids as his own. So there's that.....

sadbeam

Re: he's going to prison but at least he's alive
Posted: Aug 26, 2011 10:34 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I'm sorry your son has to end up in prison in order for you to see him as safe. My son had a weapons charge last January, and I know how you feel. I think my son is mentally ill, and self-medicates. I was hoping his being forced into sobriety would bring the "old" kid I knew back, but even sober, he's still not right. I hope your son is in a prison that has some sort of drug rehab. Most prison inmates are either mentally ill, addicts, or most often...both.

I'm glad you are in a strong relationship. That doesn't hurt. We are in this together even if only via net. I do understand. Hang in there and remember, you don't deserve this. It's just the luck of the draw.
T.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.