Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Fear and Pride
Replies: 0   Pages: 1  

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 0
juantamad

Fear and Pride
Posted: Dec 9, 2010 3:04 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

They say once a user will always be a user. My name is Paul and I started using marijuana when I was seventeen, I am now in my late forties. I am a recovering addict, drug of choice is Methamphetamine hydrochloride, street name in the Philippines is "Shabu". It is called poor man's cocaine, it is devastating to anyyone it touches. I was it's slave for more or less ten years. Yes I am afraid that i will relapse and seek the high. I am afraid that i will discover the medium, that will make me crave for it again.
I am however proud that I have been sober for almost three years. My latest drug use involved crack. I am proud that i have been recovering solely because my wife loves me and my four children respects who i was and what I have become now.
I am hoping somebody can help me write my biography. Not only to satisfy my desire to write but it also helps me be strong and fight the evil called drug addiction. I do have a very colorful life and so much to share. I loved Mr. Sheff's book and i wish i can write like him.
For Mr. Sheff, every word, every sentence and paragraph in your book," My Beautifull Boy", hits me right in the heart. Although, I can relate more on what youre son went through. As a parent myself, I can feel your pain.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.