Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: getting thru the book
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 29, 2010 4:29 PM by: Lori

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2
snowadams@comcast.net

getting thru the book
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 2:38 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

this is the hardest book i have ever read, it sounds like the story of my life and my sons life right now, i am running out of options for helping him, trying to finish reading it, but it brings me tears so bad i cant read, what do you do if you have no money to help him, are there places that will help him?

momma47

Re: getting thru the book
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 9:38 PM

My son is 23 addicted to herion. He has been to the 30K rehabs and everything inbetween. He is still a active addict but to tell you the truth,the one that he did the best at was actually free through the Salvation Army ARC. They live and work there, are fed 3 hot meals a day and have alot of support. I truely do not think that anyone rehab is really any better than another. Its all "State of Mind" and if they dont want to get clean, they wont. Also, you can try teen challenge. The program there is very VERY Christian Based and wasnt really a suitable option for my son but you may want to look into it. I believe that 12 step programs are the way to go. Hope this helps!

Lori

Re: getting thru the book
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 4:29 PM

Agree, the Salvation Army and Teen Challenge are well run and do not turn anyone away. What state do you live in? I can recommend some programs in CA but none of them will work for your son unless he really wants to get and stay clean. If he does there are a number of options for people who cannot pay.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.