Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: From the High Desert November 23, 2010
Replies: 0   Pages: 1  

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 0
waterdance

From the High Desert November 23, 2010
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 2:45 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All...Snow in the mountains tonight. My 5 animals are inside all warm and sleeping. The two dogs are at my feet under the computer desk.

Chuck and I went to store last night. He was in a bad mood...burr under his saddle...full moon?!! Who knows. Store was packed. I pick a line but walk to look for a shorter line. Chuck says "This line not good enough for you?" He's being a real smart ass. Well one woman with a lot finally gets checked out, then another shopper with just a few items is next. She had a dispute about a price and someone had to go clear to back of store for her. Then she had a problem with the checker not taking some credit she had at the pharmacy and the manager is called. Another wait. I laugh and say something to Chuck about the line he thought was so good. Our turn comes and the turkey we have can't be bought at discount because it's thawed out and there are no more frozen turkeys.I fuss about that but just let it go. I'm cooking this year....not making a big deal. Chuck has to work, we'll have dinner late. Holidays have in the past been a bit sad because we don't have the big families in our lives any longer. But with each holiday now I keep it simple and put an effort into not getting depressed. My youngest will call from Vegas and we will laugh about a few things and I will call a few friends and say funny things again. I have made up my mind...I am no longer in the business of making people sad. Love and hugs, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.