Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Thoughts On Addiction
Replies: 0   Pages: 1  

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 0
waterdance

Thoughts On Addiction
Posted: Nov 13, 2010 6:41 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All....Bright day today here in the high desert. Lots of letters, articles and editorials on marijuana in the Phoenix Newspapers....bill may pass for medical marijuana use...........Do I think marijuana is addictive? Yes! Do I think it should be legal? Yes. Should have been made legal 30 some years ago. So many in prison who shouldn't be. Alcohol is much more dangerous.

About addiction. There are addictions and addictions. I think all of us are addicted to different things...food, gamboling...garage sales.....reading....movies...TV....nature...watching sports...golf....dogs...gossip...our kids...our husbands...sex....our house. This list can go on and on. I have never seen anyone come off of drugs who didn't become addicted to something else. Never! I think the trick is to become addicted to less harmful activities. I think that we need to develop passions in our children early.Otherwise they get with their peers and maybe get hooked on drugs, cigarettes, alcohol. There are no perfect answers. Schools need to be revamped....nothing wrong with reading & arithmetic but there should also be gardening, crafts, art, music.nature, birding, lifetime diet studies, woodworking etc...all taught intensely. Not merely 30 minutes or so. Things should be taught because they are interesting and fun....not with making money in mind always. In dept health should be taught from first grade up. Knowing why you should not ingest certain chemicals will defer many. Post your thoughts, Love, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.