Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Lost
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 28, 2010 6:50 PM by: raining tears

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3
Jennypo13@yahoo.com

Lost
Posted: Nov 15, 2010 4:48 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I have been strugling with my boyfriend for a long time with harion. We have been together for almost 3 years now and i have strugled with hime for most of those three years. He decided to get clean a while back but just recently decided to relaps. I have told him that if he doest get help that i will not stand by to watch him kill himself. So tomorrow he is going to start the clinic but i feel like its not worth it like its just going to be the same as last time. I am so lost and dont know what to do! please help!

Lori

Re: Lost
Posted: Nov 15, 2010 8:30 PM

All of us here are searching for the same thing, a way to cope with a loved one's addiciton. All of our situations are quite different but if there is one single thing we can all agree on it is this: We cannot make the addict we love sober no matter what we do. Offering support, taking them to rehab, hiding drugs, finding doctors, comforting them when they are ill, forcing promising, bribery, threats, all useless until the time comes that the addict finds, in his or her soul the deep desire to get clean and find a way back. They have to want it very badly, from a deep place inside that has nothing to do with us. You are young and have much life still to live. Alanon and Alateen can offer you support and a method of letting go of the destructive relationship that will eventually drag you down into a very dark pit. You need to feel that you are not alone and get strength from others to do this. You can keep hope alive for the day your boyfriend finds recovery, and let him know you love him, but you need to do this from a distance, you can't be a witness to his destruction, it is far too painful and won't help him. You have much joy still ahead and deserve to find it.

raining tears

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 6:37 PM

hi I have a 24 year old son that is a herion addict its the hards thing a parent can go though well having a child that dies is the harders but you set and wait for this to happen. you never want it to happen but it is all was there if i'm not walking the floors at night and crying and crying in side of me i die a little each day. we have put him in a rehab twice one of the best in the country. but it does'nt help. if i were you i would run and run there is a great guy out there for you and a better life. just think if he was your son a parent does
not get a way from it. please think what i have said you don't want to wake up one morning with a couple kids and he is still and is high all the time please think raining tears

raining tears

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 6:50 PM

hi its raining tears again my son did have a great girl friend but i love her so much i don't have a dauaghter and i love her i told her to leave him he was taking things from her and he did take my $8,000 weddy ring i never got it back he got 300.00 for it she did listen to me and she left him. i still talk to her and see her i miss her and him together but i just did'nt want her to have a bad life with him she now has a great guy and a great life think very very hard please............. i do know there is some people that cleans up but ha ha not mean. read beautiful boy.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.