Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Being an addict as a baby
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 28, 2010 1:39 AM by: JLP2

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1
hardlife24

Being an addict as a baby
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 8:40 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

When my mom was pregnant with me she was addicted to all the drugs you could think of, prescription and illegal narcotics. When she had me I was two months early and my longs hadn't fully developed. I was in the Neonatal intensive care unit until I was 8 months old. Trying to get a new born baby off of drugs is really hard. Having seizures all the time and just having major other problems that made it worse the get off the drugs. Finally when I was about a year and a half all the drugs were out of my system. And still to this day my mother is addicted to drugs and will not stop. I am 18 years old and the doctors didn't think I was going to make it to this age. Now I am married and don't want anything to do with her. i know she is my mother and I love her but for what she has done to me my whole life is horrible.

JLP2

Re: Being an addict as a baby
Posted: Oct 28, 2010 1:39 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My son's birth mom used alcohol throughout her pregnancy with him and continues to have issues yet today. He has struggled all of his life because of this too. He chooses not to have a relationship with her even though she has tried to start something. I understand his pain and respect his decision and I respect yours too. I wish we could get the message out there to educate people about the consequences for others when they make the choices they do. I wish you a wonderful life and know you will make a difference in the life of someone else because of what you have experienced. Take care.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.