Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: ROCK BOTTOM, I desperately need prayer!
Replies: 8   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 31, 2010 5:00 AM by: An addict's Mom

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 8
Ann

ROCK BOTTOM, I desperately need prayer!
Posted: Oct 25, 2010 11:48 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello, well I have hit rock bottom! I don't drink or take drugs, I am just a broken mess from the nightmare I have been through with my addicted adult child.

Even though we are passed the horrible overdoses and er visits for now and things are much better, I am not better. I thought I was, but then I just crashed. Crashed from exhaustion and heartache and depression. It's almost as though I waited until he got better to fall apart and I am barely able to go an hour without crying, shaking and wanting to run away!

Please pray for me, I would appreciate every single thought or prayer that you all would offer up. I cannot find any calmness or peace which I need so desperately to function.

Love and thanks to all,
Ann
PS, Deb, I lost your email address, mine is ann17042@gmail.com

Winnie

Re: ROCK BOTTOM, I desperately need prayer!
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 7:52 AM

Good morning Ann,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I hope I can find the comforting words you always have for me. What i can say based on personal experience is ypur body was running on adeline to keep you going to handle all the issues you needed to get thru and now it appears from your e-mail that maybe life is just a little bit less stressful so your body is not pumping all that adreline and you need to get some rest. I sometimes find myself starting to cry and i am not sure why at the moment. Then i think look at what the family has been thru - are we really surprised. Try and take a few moments for yourself - i know that is difficult at times but you need to try. I hope you have a better day today

JLP2

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 1:05 AM

Ann, I am praying for you right now and ask that God will wrap his arms around you and give you the peace you need. I think what is happening to you is pretty common for parents of addicts. Don't give up, I have been there too and I got through it, one hour at a time. If there is anything I can do or say to help please let me know. I would be happy to visit via email or a phone call. Take care, please. Julie

waterdance

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 1:54 AM

My Dear Ann, I know just where you are at this moment. I will send you an e-mail. Hopefully it will work. If not there are other ways for you to contact me....through e-Bay. There are many of us thinking about you and yes praying too. No matter what your son does you must fight now to get your life back and how well I know how tough it is. I'm still reinventing myself everyday. Much love, Deb

fightingformyboy

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 10:02 AM

You were there for me. I will be there for you. Thanks for all the comfort you have recently given me. I will be praying for you.

Fatima

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 10:27 PM

Yes you're in my prayers. It's all so terribly sad. My son called me from jail yesterday. He got arrested over the weekend, still unsure about the charges but it had something to do with being drunk. We had paid for 1 extra month at a rehab but he decided to walk out and insted ended up in a homeless ministry collecting donations in front of supermarkets, this only lasted 1 week before he got himself arrested. He has burned all bridges with family members. We are terrified of him when he gets drunk and violent. I was very sad yesterday, feeling so helpless, there's nothing that I can do but pray for him

waterdance

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 2:39 PM

Hello Ann, Did you get my e-mail? Mine is waterdance@cableone.net....Please write. Thinking about you, Love, Deb

fightingformyboy

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 10:25 AM

I hope you are doing better. I have been thinking about you all the time.

An addict's Mom

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 5:00 AM

Ann, I am praying for you tonight. After my son was finally more stable, I fell apart. It was as though I had been in crisis mode for so long I could not function when things were a little calmer. Crying all the time, anxiety bordering on panic, and really crazy mood swings were my norm for a while there. When my son was at his worst, I left my business unattended, ingnored so much of my friends and even my youngest child and spent all day every day worrying. My poor brain didn't know how to stop that. I found a great counselor, kept going to meetings, and eventually my sanity returned. It is truly one day at a time for us too... You've been through so much and I think of you and pray for you often. Laura

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.