Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: My Son Wrote About How I Would Find Him Dead
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 3:24 PM by: Ann

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
sas

My Son Wrote About How I Would Find Him Dead
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 10:45 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My son is coming down from a bi-polar high and has written on his blog all the ways he could die and how I would find him , fall to the ground and be sad.

I encouraged him to write his blog and he enjoys it. But I don't know if I can deal with this.

He is incoherent right now. There is no reasoning. I get the double whammy if he is abusing drugs (which thank God he is not right now) and is going through a bi-polar cycle.

My husband just disengages and I was told today by another son that he doesn't like being around his dad anymore. My husband is angry at everything, the pets, our son, but he takes it out on me mostly. Our other sons think my son with mental illness is faking it half the time to get out of doing something.

I want to run and leave them all behind. We have a dughter with a disability and right now she is the only reason I am still here.

Message was edited by: sas

ginamac

Re: My Son Wrote About How I Would Find Him Dead
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 4:34 PM

SAS I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I feel like a prisoner in my own home right now and all i can do is pray for all of us that we get through this and find happiness and peace.

((HUGS)) to all of my friends on this board. i'm sorry I've been out of the loop lately, I think of you all quite often and what we are all dealing with.

Ann

Re: My Son Wrote About How I Would Find Him Dead
Posted: Oct 3, 2010 3:24 PM

Hi Ginamac,
I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble again. I think of you often and was hoping you were out on your own and feeling better.
Love,
Ann

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.