Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: News from the High Desert September 14, 2010
Replies: 4   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 21, 2010 1:14 PM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4
waterdance

News from the High Desert September 14, 2010
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 6:34 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All, Went to new chiroprator, had second treatment. I'm sore as all git out but do feel better. So maybe I'll come out of this mess alright. All those exercises..not use to it. Anyway I'll do what they say. Have an expensive belt to wear that seems to help. Have three Sugar Baby watermellons growing. Saw tiny toad hopping among them. Adorable. Read on internet how to tell when they are ripe. Chuck and I went to Blondie's to eat breakfast this morning. I bring up our addicted relatives (both sides). Have to quit doing that. When I talk on and on complaining I'm just giving power to the drugs and those addicted. Life is too short. Want my life to be more creative. Don't want to be complaining...sets my world crazy. Hard to learn but you just can't control someone else no matter how much you wish it.Love, Deb

ginamac

Re: News from the High Desert September 14, 2010
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 5:48 PM

AMEN Deb, we can't control others no matter how hard we try. I set up my 19 yr old son with a job interview at FedEx (part time but STILL A JOB!) and even gave him a blank check to pay his court fees, he HAD TO GO last wednesday or else they would revoke his license and put out yet another warrant, and then i went out of town for work and HE DIDN'T GO TO COURT OR THE JOB INTERVIEW! He's coming between me and my wonderful new boyfriend who I just moved in with recently, we're letting my son stay in the basement just long enough to get a job and a new place to live and NO he's not doing either of those, he won't go away, he won't stay clean, he won't work or even get up before noon. I'm sick of it. He's ruining my new life. I told him today to get out (again).

I hope your back is doing better by now. how did you hurt it?

waterdance

Posted: Sep 21, 2010 12:44 PM

Hello ginamac, Good to hear from you.......I was in an auto accident, hit from the rear by some crazed medicated woman. She got out of car, never said a word. You know like..Oh my God I'm sorry.I didn't see you. Not one word.Anyway I really did get a back injury...I've danced around with doctors, not getting anything done since April 30th. Finally seeing chiropractor who is helping. I am 40 per cent better. Have to be careful and not do too much. I'm older, not snapping back as quick as I use to. Not going to settle quickly. See lawyer tomorrow.
About your son....All I can say gina is this is the same old story a lot of us have gone through. My grandaughter M...gave her money to pay court fine...she didn't do it. Housed her and no-good husband in cottage in back of our house. They got jobs at a car wash, then moved out in the middle of night when they got first paychecks. Just writing about it churns me up. More in next post..

waterdance

Posted: Sep 21, 2010 12:58 PM

There's so much I could write, loads of drug stories. I know you love that little darlin' but just how much can you put up with? The more you let go by the wayside the more he'll do. I found this ugly fact to be true over and over. Please think of your own well-being for a change. Your son is only thinking of himself and how much he can con you out of because he knows you love him deeply. Get tough. You have already showed that you can be tough at times.Time after time I buckled under for so many in our family that were addicted..(most still are) Now here we are, Chuck and I, not getting too many phone calls these days because we finally quit supporting the drinkers and druggies on both sides of the family...more in next post.

waterdance

Posted: Sep 21, 2010 1:14 PM

It does seem like we don't have much of a "family" anymore but did they ever really care about us in the first place? Was all this "I love you guys" just out and out bullshit? I think so! We have spent thousands upon thousands on the addicted relatives. Wouldn't dare even try to add it up. My grandaughter M did get an 90 some thousand inheritence plus a house. Haven't heard from her. She got the money in dec....today she is flat broke. It does take practice saying, "no" gina. You can do this. Make a list of everything your son has done negative.....lies...money taken...things stolden. Write it all on a huge piece of paper (maybe a poster board) and tack it up where you see it every day. Write big. Seeing these crimes against you will help you decide what to do. Love, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.