Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: From the High Desert August 28, 2010
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 28, 2010 1:35 PM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1
waterdance

From the High Desert August 28, 2010
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 1:22 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All, Fighting this pain everyday. Decompression therapy starts Monday.

Went p.O. then dropped boxes off at thrift store. Group sitting around talking about raising monies for ballpark and park. Two people wined "The kids have nothing to do so they get into trouble and start using drugs." I say little. Guess I've become a bitter bi**h. WE live in the country, lots of fields, creeks, crime-free roads. I'm not against a park but I ask every parent now, "Do we have to continue to entertain day in and day out? As for my own....they took up using drugs because they loved the high. Not because they had nothing to do,not because they had mental problems and not because of divorce. more .....

waterdance

Re: From the High Desert August 28, 2010
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 1:35 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I do feel my kids were spoiled. Did without little. I see same thing with grandkids. No, I don't know the answers but so far rehab, jail, hasn't worked for most of them.True fact. Kids need a to learn a different way of thinking early.Thinking right brain helps. I learned it accidently from grandfather while young and didn't fully realize what it was until later. Are there people teaching this way of looking at the world? I know timeshifting is taught in workshops. Hard to learn but life-changing. Thanks for reading friends. Love, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.