Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Like Sister, Like Son
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 12:57 PM by: raining tears

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1
Live2Tell

Like Sister, Like Son
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 12:28 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Just picked up David's book today and am about to start reading. I've never been addicted to drugs but my sister was. She left her husband and two beautiful daughters for meth. Our family lived through this hell for seven years before she died in 2002. Before she died she had a son whom she pretty much neglected until he came to live with my family at the age of three. We eventually adopted him. He just turned 14. The day after his birthday, we discovered he'd been smoking pot for about a year. I'm scared as hell he's going to turn out like my sister and that this is just the first step. We're taking him to a counselor and drug testing him frequently. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst so would appreciate any advice, any help, any references. I don't want to live through this again and will do anything NOW to prevent this from happening again.

raining tears

Re: Like Sister, Like Son
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 12:57 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hi my troubles started with my one sister with drinking I was not very close with her I'm the youngest of 5 kids. I helped her out because of my parents. Then drugs hit my very very close sister I dragged her to rehabs she has 4 kids they are grown up now she was in to all kinds of pills she would go all over the state to different doctors and they would give them to her. when I had her in rehab. I would call these doctors and tell them about her and don't give her these pills but they would. I just told her I could not take watching her kill her self anymore. All these years my son would watch me with my sisters and I would tell him about them and he would see what drugs were doing to them and there family. Now my to sisters that are drug addicts they have each 4 kids and all of these 8 kids are the greats adults them all are fire fights teachers, etc . I have one kid 24 boy and he is a heroin addicts. I know how you fill the beautiful boy is great and his son book is to. My heart goes out to you. raining tears.........

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.