Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: From the High Desert August 20, 2010
Replies: 11   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 2, 2010 6:57 AM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 11
waterdance

From the High Desert August 20, 2010
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 1:19 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All....Dry this week..lots of rain to the west and south of here...some flash flooding. Rain is like gold here. Can't get into first decompression treatment until August 30. Had to go by the place to get that and talk to the young smart-ass that talks out of both side of his mouth. He had told me earlier that I could get to front of line by paying 500 cash right away. That's extortion. But no matter. Right now I want this done. In constant pain. Cost of treatment 4200. (insurance paying about 2,000) I'm keeping a journal about it all. Youngest daughter Janice mad at drug daughter Stella. She lent her money and Stella got 8,000 check because she bought a house but Janice hasn't seen a dime and she needs it as she was laid off. My family has shattered because of drugs. So many that are addicted don't have much to do with Chuck and I. This is on both sides. When you quit doing favors and shelling out money they quit calling.Chuck and I are out of the loop so to speak and now have little in common with most. I think now that we were out of the loop but didn't realize it as we were still people that could be used and used in a big way. Just chumps. Suckers. Stupid. Take care, Deb

An addict's Mom

Re: From the High Desert August 20, 2010
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 1:23 AM

Deb, I am sorry to hear that you have to wait for this treatment. The fact that you could get to the front of the line with cash is pretty disgusting...but more and more that seems to be how the world works. I am so appreciative of each and every one of your posts, Deb, you add so much to this forum.

Ann

Posted: Aug 21, 2010 10:23 PM

Deb, I hate hearing that you are in pain. I really hope that your treatment helps you feel much better (fast!) LOL We just cannot go without reports from The High Desert and your uplifting post :o)
You are in my prayers my friend,
Ann

waterdance

Posted: Aug 22, 2010 3:25 PM

Hello All....Sunday. Peaceful. My pups on the bed. A cat visits every now and then....Was up most of the night in pain. Ate two pieces of grain toast with peach, mango, orange jam. A delicios combination. Took two pain pills. Was able to get a few loads of clothes washed and dried. I'm thinking about that smart ass jerk at the decompression place. Would like to find another place but because I've come this far I will wait until the 30th for first session. And I don't want to be making trips to Phoenix (a hell hole) There better not be any screw-up. When this therapy upstart talks out of both sides of his mouth I feel like saying. "Don't give me any crap. I see right through you. I have druggies in my family. I've heard it all." LOL But I just want to somehow get through this ordeal and don't want to discuss anything at all with anyone there. This better work. The pain is unusually strong. I go easy on the pain pills...only two a day. Worried about my kidneys. More in next post...

waterdance

Posted: Aug 22, 2010 3:38 PM

Hello...The book "Don't Let Your Kids Kill You" by Charles Rubin arrived in the mail yesterday. I read it through the night on and off. Has anyone of you read it? He has lots of valid points. It will make you cry. He and his wife have detached themselves to two addicted sons and have managed to find a life for themselves. Of course I do relate to what he is saying. It is easier said than done. The book I have started is like his except I'm writing more in detail and zooming in on events...my own and about kids of my friends. Also I'm writing about ways to try for recovery. Ways that I found helpful.Plan to self publish.When the book is published I'll let all of you know and will send free copies out. Hugs and more good thoughts, Deb

Carrie

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 8:49 PM

I hope that the treatment works for you and they don't put you off very long. I know what it's like not to have your health. For me, yesterday I had the determining blood test for my Hep C and won't get results for 2 weeks or so, and my first screening mammogram rather than a follow-up after my breast cancer surgery in '02. Then I came home to the find the final portion of the law suit in my mail box that my f**king neighbor is pressing because of my beautiful boy. I'm trying to remain strong. I don't car about her; I care about my health. I have a large garage door 9X17 and I'm looking for suggestions of what to have painted as a mural once this court business is settled, it faces their house, I'm thinking a big picture of the "bird" but I'm not looking for any more problems. Any suggestions you can give me that are not illegal and are to the point so that these fine "neighbors" will have to look at it everytime they come and go will be appreciated. Someone here said they are preying on my misery and I completely agree. I just want to do something to get their *ss! Take care. It's nice to vent (even though I probably won't do anything.).

JLP2

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 7:36 AM

Carrie, Maybe a big yellow smiley face would say it all!

Carrie

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 6:40 PM

Yes, that's a good idea. And her line of work (their company logo) is associated with a particular color, which I won't go into. I would make it that color rather than yellow. I'm still open to other suggestions!

waterdance

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 3:57 AM

Good Morning Carrie, I don't understand why someone can force you to sell your home when the actions of your son was his problem and he was an adult. Has the value of your house gone down like most of the houses in the country? Do you stand to lose a lot money-wise. Can you homestead or have you? How much was stolden from your neighbors and did they have anything returned? Was your son fined also for the loss? Do you have any recourse? What are your plans, Carrie? Hope you are alright. All of this has got to be an ungodly stressful time. Taking care of yourself is the most important issue right now. Money and goods, etc. can be replaced. I've lost two houses and recovered. Losing my kids has been the worse time for me. I've come a long way. Stella the oldest (on meth) called but the conversation didn't go well. I have shut down emotionally to her.Can't open myself up to any more cruel actions. Not from her or anyone for that matter. Hugs to you, Carrie. Keep writing to us, Deb

Carrie

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 8:43 AM

Waterdance, you always come through for me, I appreciate you back-reading the posts and responding to me. They are trying to attach my house $50,000. They are not saying I was responsible for his actions, rather that I had an obligation to inform them of his history, that I put them in harms way, yada yada yada...the judge vacated most of their ridiculous claims ( asking for $250,000-$300,000) but this particular one has to be heard. I'm a wreck. I don't know if I'm having a jury trial or if I'll have to take the stand. Let this be a warning to all, DON'T ENABLE, get them out of the house...they are like a bomb waiting to go off and you you might get hit by it's shrapnel as I have been. I am trying to stay positive. The judge did say that she, the neighbor, didn't have much traction on this particular case but he is allowing it to be heard. My lawyer is costing me a fortune but I think he's very, very good and worth it. As far as homestead goes I believe that only covers through age 18, or 21. My house is covered by the homestead act but I think it's a moot point if that is what you are referring to because of his age. I'm trying to find out if the evidence was returned but I'm not sure how to go about that (I've stuck my head in the sand) I did see them unloading a lot of stuff the other day and I though to myself, that's the stuff. My BB told me that everything was covered by their insurance. They said that in court. I've pretty much shut down emotionally from BB but having to look across the street is difficult. It's pretty much a separate issue. I just read the police report for the first time, it's about 40 pages long. I really would like to paint something on my garage door but I know that's looking for more trouble but I can fantasize, it puts a smile on my face. As for my BB he's doing 5-7 years, with another 5-7 pending, and two federal charges that carry LIFE. He is in a high security prison, currently in the hole with a broken hand. He says. I don't know whether to believe whatever comes out of his mouth. If his lips move, it's usually a lie. I feel better getting some of this out. I feel if I can just get this current thing behind me I can breathe and go forward. I have gained a s*itload of weight and the other day I thought to myself, "this is the weight" maybe once it's behind me I'll be able to lose it. The weight makes me feel even worse about myself. Hugs to you too Waterdance. You are one of the few people that relates to my problem. God Bless.

waterdance

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 6:41 AM

Morning All....Carrie, how are you? The homestead act here meets that someone can win a case in court and put a lein on your house but they can't force you to sell. They can only get the money when the house is sold.Maybe you don't have that law in your state.....Anyway write...maybe on a new thread as these miss the posts when they get long. Going to another Dr. as the other went crazy (long story). Maybe will write of it later when I think I can even think about it. Right now I so mad. All I want is relief. This thing about your son in prison is tough....so damn hard to accept...live with. But somehow you must so you can find some sort of life.I do think of my daughter Stella each day and her daughter M...... more........

waterdance

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 6:57 AM

I think of them but know that the relationships have changed radically. Both have become criminals and Chuck and I would be just setting ourselves up if we even let them in the house. When they develop this druggie mind-set anyone is fair game to them.It's now just a matter of time when M will get arrested....She's been in and out of prison...I send money, visited, let her stay here while on parole. She inherits from otherside of family over 100,000 plus house and I don't hear a peep from her. (She's now 40) I've known for a long time that she is a socipath. Reconized signs when she was a teenager. I'm done with her and maybe even daughter Stella. Will write more later. Thinking of you, Hugs,Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.