Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: update on my son
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 2, 2010 11:27 AM by: missmymom

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2
mixnroll

update on my son
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 1:57 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hi Everyone,

Well I haven't checked in for 3 weeks because I have been on vacation...had a wonderful time too!!! I definitely could have stayed at the beach reading and swimming!!!

Anyway right before we left my son suggested he go back to the TBS he had been at in 2008 to finish the work he needed to do to get his diploma. So at the beginning of our vacation I was on the phone with them, the airlines etc. setting it all up. He went! He did finish the schoolwork although we haven't gotten a grade yet. If he passes the class he will get his high school diploma. Yay.

He also got some community service done for the court system which will help his legal matters.

It was a huge relief to me to have him in a safe place while we were on vacation... so even though I was still dealing with him to some extent I was not worried about getting that late night phone call!

He asked to come home. We worked on a contract for him to do so. We agreed. He is allowed to use the car although we made it very very clear that there are to be no drugs at home or while driving or to use the car in any way related to drugs. He has agreed although he is not committed to being sober which worries me.

I know we may end up kicking him out again but at least now he knows that we are willing to do that, and in fact will call the police to help us if we have to. I don't think he will push that limit again!

So we got home yesterday morning and he got home last night. So far so good...... but i know it is all a big risk and from all of your stories I know to be cautiously hopeful.

M

Fatima

Re: update on my son
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 12:36 AM

Hi, so happy that you had a wonderful vacation, mostly that your son returned to finish his studies and is now back home with a better attitude.

missmymom

Re: update on my son
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:27 AM

I think it is great that you got to enjoy your vacation. I am happy that your son has taken his schooling seriously. I am sorta in the same place you are right now except my son says he is clean and has been for months now. He is home with us working part time. We have given him his phone back, it is easier for us to be in contact with him, he also is driving again. Last night at dinner he says he doesn't really have any urges. He is not in any program or does not attend any meetings, he is doing this on his own. He does not go out at night, he has one friend who comes over and they hang out here and watch tv or play video games. I have not seen any of his friends from his past and would not let them near my house anyway. I have my doubts but I said I would trust him. One day at a time. Stay strong!

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.