Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Home for a day
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 28, 2010 8:48 AM by: raining tears

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2
lilypad

Home for a day
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 7:45 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My beautiful boy got locked up for probation violation May 11. June 15 he was transferred to a residential treatment program for 90 days. Today was his first day of home visit. It went pretty well. We worked on his relapse prevention document. He was more thoughtful about it than he has been before. He seems to be getting the connection between the influence of his old friends and his drug use. He has court next friday. He is hoping the judge will change her mind about the 90 days of boot camp which is to follow the 90 days of treatment. He really wants to get back to school and catch up on his classes. I have mixed feelings - I would really like for him to solidify his recovery and intentions before returning to school. We will see.....

An addict's Mom

Re: Home for a day
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 4:20 PM

Lilypad, I am happy for you that the day went well and that he was more thoughtful about preventing relapse.

Take care of yourself ...

Message was edited by: An addict's Mom

raining tears

Re: Home for a day
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 8:48 AM

Hi I two have a beautiful boy I think he would do better if he went to boot camp. They all say they are going to do better no more drugs mom, I know whats it doing to me and you and dad. But like always he goes back to it. My son violated his probation so on the 31 on this month I have to take a trip to detriot 150 miles away from were we live I hope the judge puts him in jail I can't take this life any more. IN one year me and my husband are moving out of state we have work long and hard for are dream to live in hawaii we have land there and are starting on bluiding are house jeff thinks he is going with us but he not I 'm not taken my trouble to paradise. He has known we were moving there in 2004 the year he got out of school. we got him in college so he could get it together but now its been 6 years. We would have taken him with us but what he is doing to him self I 'm not taken him there I not going to live like that over there. I hope all works out for you janice raining tears

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.