Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: What to do?
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 7:28 PM by: Jetta10

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
Jetta09

What to do?
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 7:58 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I am not even half way through Beautiful Boy and had the sense to look it up online and came across this forum. I like many of you have a loved one suffering with the disease of addiction. My husband has been addicted to a variety of drugs for many years and I truly thought once we welcomed our son into the world a few months ago, things would change. He had been "clean" or so I thought for some time but things have gone down hill fast. He is on day 2 of being sober right now which I absolutley congratulate however in order to stay or try and stay clean he needs to get more help than what I can give.

We have been down this round many times before, he has gone to rehab twice and I have now asked him to go to rehab again if he wants to be part of my life and our sons he has to be sober. What happens if he won't go? What happens' if I give in again and listen to him when he says "this is it", "i am done with drugs I promise" and he relapses? I love my husband more than anything in this world and if there is one small chance, no matter how small that the man I love will walk back through that door than I am holding on for dear life and not letting go.

Winnie

Re: What to do?
Posted: Sep 3, 2011 7:18 PM

Your husband says he is clean, ask him to be drug tested - and have him on weekly random drug testing. you never know maybe he will stay clean, but maybe not, tell him if he relaspes he has to go to treatment. Please do not assume he will relasp, i realize the odds are he will, but someone has to make up the 15%. Stay strong and you have to stick to your word.

Jetta10

Re: What to do?
Posted: Sep 6, 2011 7:28 PM

Thank you Winnie. He actually went today for an assessment and starts meetings twice a week for the next few months so it was a good day today. I know he can be one of the ones who makes it and I will give him whatever support he needs:) unfortunatley what he takes now doesn't show up in drug tests:(

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.