Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Lost Smile
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 12, 2011 11:34 PM by: Winnie

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
mommom

Lost Smile
Posted: Jul 9, 2011 10:22 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I have not seen my son smile since he left for and returned from Iraq. I miss his smile. I have waited too many days for the phone to ring and for someone to tell me that my son has died. I have buried him in my mind so many times that I am numb. He was a Marine who survived the horrors of Iraq and cannot find peace in his own life. He injured his back and more importantly, his spirit. This has led to a life of addiction to pain killers and heroin use to numb his pain. His life is spiraling out of control and the vacuumn vortex it is creating is pulling our family apart. I wish I had inspirational words, but as hard as I try to hold on, the more I feel my grasp weakening and him slipping away. I have no answers anymore. I cannot save him and I cannot save myself. My heart breaks for the loss of innocence and the pain.

Winnie

Re: Lost Smile
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 11:34 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I doubt there is anything i can say to make you feel better. Never give up hope. Most addicts do not want to addicts. Treatment would be a good first step but he has to want to do it. I am so sorry, do try and take care of yourself

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.