Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Just finished the book.
Replies: 0   Pages: 1  

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 0
rrnbsn0724

Just finished the book.
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 1:59 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I first saw "Beautiful Boy" at a local bookstore. The title caught my eye. I read the inside jacket cover. "Hmmm," I thought. I need to show this to my husband. You see this, too, is our story. Our story of my husband's now 23 yr old son. Still to this day, I am amazed that we have survived with our marriage intact. I met my stepson when he was just 9 yrs old. He was such a funny kid! Loved to make you laugh! I thought he and I got along so well. His mother had custody of him. And things weren't always the greatest in her custody. My stepson has ADHD and has been treated with Adderall since his early years. I often wonder if this is what triggered his drug use. He currently celebrated 1 year of sobriety 5 days ago. He "seems" committed to a sober life. I hope so. He has a 9 yr old half-sister and a 2 yr old son that need him. However, we are currently waiting on a final sentencing from his recent run in with the law from about a year and a half ago. Meth possession with intent to sell. And of course, this is not his only charge he's ever had. He told us that one of his friends he grew up with is the one who "turned him onto" meth. His friend said it wasn't that bad and you can't get addicted. Ha! This same friend is also a "narc" and turned him into the police. Am I mad at his friend? Hell, no. I think it saved his life. But I think the "narc" is still using. What a sad world we live in.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.