Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Tweakk
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 26, 2011 11:47 AM by: lost

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
inspired22

Tweakk
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 12:48 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Where to begin with this book? It's hard to even begin to say how much your son's book has inspired me. From beginning to end, I can relate to every piece of this story. From his childhood and being over exposed to life, but having a great relationship with my father, and being an honor student all throughout school, and then all of a sudden one day throwing it down the drain for drugs and partying. I can even say mine and Nics personality are more similar than you would believe. Well it definitely wasn't as intense as Nics experience, but I experimented with all the drugs he spoke of besides heroin (thank god) and I never used needles. I lost everything, family, friends, my job, school....everything. So I got it all back together, but then sure enough a few months later I was traveling down the same path again. This happened over and over a few times, my parents would let me back in their life, my sisters let me have something to do with my nieces and nephews which to me are my daisy and jasper, even though they aren't my little brothers and sister, they are a big part of my life and i always wanted to be there for them. But i would always end up messing up somehow and hurting them. finally they all just gave up on me and it was left upon myself to straighten my own life out. And i did it, i got a job, my own house, and was doing good, i started to rebuild that relationship with the people in my life that i had destroyed them with. Then i fell right back into it again, lost everything once again, i finally sunk to the lowest i have ever been in my whole entire life. So one December 28th, of 2010 i had to make the decision to make a drastic change in my life. had to get away from where i was living, i needed change in my life before it killed me. I wasn't happy with who i was, i turned to drugs, sex, partying, drinking, anything to fill the void in my life that i felt was there. and once i hit rock bottom i knew i had to do something. so i moved away, and that's where i am today. i have been clean from all drugs and everything for three weeks, i have a good job, and i am learning to be happy with myself. i moved to somewhere where no one would know me and i have no one to try and please, because i am one of those people who always tried to make sure everyone else was happy. but now that i'm here i am doing great, and at first i didn't think i could make it, and i would "relapse" but after reading TWEAK I am so very inspired and i know now that there is no way i can turn back again, not if i truly love my life. And i know this may seem like a story that you have heard a million times, but that's just because i don't want to bore you with the whole story. i just wanted to let you know how much this story has inspired my life seeing as i could relate to it in every aspect. Oneday i hope to write my own story and share it with the world. Nic Sheff you truly are an amazing person and inspiring. I would love to meet you oneday, just for the simple fact I have never been inspired like this. Thank you

lost

Re: Tweakk
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 11:47 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Dear Inspired,

Thank you for sharing your story. Please know that your parents love for you is as strong as ever. It is just that to show you that love is in some way enabling the addiction. It is the addiction they fight; not their child. The heart and soul of a parent is able to seperate the do-er from the deed. Congratulations on your sobriety. May you continue to reconnect with the beautiful boy that you are.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.