Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: You May Have Saved My Son
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 24, 2010 12:28 AM by: JLP2

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
fightingformyboy

You May Have Saved My Son
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 7:29 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I want to thank you for being there for me. When I posted a while ago I was desperate to know what I should do. Many of you wrote me advice and I considered each piece carefully. I was wondering if I should kick my son out of the house, but I decided to try your suggestions before I took drastic measures and see if they worked. I realized that I was not asking enough of him. Knowing that he had no job and would soon run out of money I somehow felt guilty in asking him to pay his share from his meager savings, but with your encouragement I did that, realizing that nothing would change until it needed to. I quit harping on him about staying up all night and sleeping most of the day and instead sweetly gave him lots of work to do around the house. I taught my husband to be patient and wait for him to do it, instead of stepping in and doing it because we didn't want to wait for him. Then we had him take my husband to his cancer treatments so that I could go to work because we really need the money right now. We began to see a change in his attitude and guess what - he starts a full time job on Wednesday. I have felt your prayers. Is he completely off drugs now and forever? I don't know, but I have realized that I can never control that. I don't worry about what's wrong, I just concentrate and makes plans for what I can do to make things right. Thank you for helping me to be strong, I am so inexperienced in this and you were all so wise. God Bless you all. I will keep you posted, but I am optimistic that things can change for the better. I cannot express to you enough my gratitude in knowing that those with experience would care enough to help me. You may have saved my son. Time will tell.

Fatima

Re: You May Have Saved My Son
Posted: Nov 22, 2010 10:07 PM

What wonderful news! So happy for you and your family. May this Thanksgiving be full of joy and hope.

JLP2

Re: You May Have Saved My Son
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 12:28 AM

What good news! I'm so glad that today things are better! We all know that we take things one moment at a time and enjoy every bit of peace and "normalness" that we are given.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.