Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: My Beautiful Son
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 23, 2010 1:34 PM by: Lori

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
Brando

My Beautiful Son
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 7:29 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I write this story with a heavey heart and tears in my eyes.My son now 24 addicted to crack cocaine.He is 4'11'' and looks like a young boy.He was training a thourobred horse jockey and found drugs at every farm he worked at and every small town and racetrack he been to.His addiction started before that.The last 2 years he has been in a maximum security prison,but it didn;t help him at all,he is just harder and just as addicted.I'm a worrier by nature so i cant help but worry constently.

waterdance

Re: My Beautiful Son
Posted: Oct 17, 2010 4:06 PM

Hello Brando, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. Is he still in prison? I lost my son John age 48 to meth in 2005 and now have daughter Stella also addicted to meth and whatever. Have younger daughter also. In 2009 I almost died twice due to stress & grief. I started reading about right brain thinking, awareness, timeshifting spiritual healing, I decided to live, mainly for myself and also for others in my life. I finally realized how rich my life was in spite of the loss of two children. It has always been rich. I just wasn't fully aware of it. The main thing now is for you to get your own life back. It's still there. Please keep writing on this forum and reading. Read the hundreds of back posts. I'll be thinking about you. Deb

Lori

Re: My Beautiful Son
Posted: Oct 23, 2010 1:34 PM

The hopelessness we feel as parents is overwhelming, we want so much to rescue our children but they refuse to accept any help. Is your son back home now? Is he still actively using?

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.