Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Please keep helping me
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 11:08 PM by: Winnie

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
fightingformyboy

Please keep helping me
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 10:39 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Thank you for your replies. I went to a counselor for this and he told me I needed to save myself. I am trying to figure out how to do that. Everything you said makes sense and I will try to follow your advice and let you know how it goes. I feel so alone because I have other children and it distresses them to see me unhappy so I have to act like I am okay. I need someplace to talk it out. When I saw I had some replies I just started to cry because I need to talk to someone who understands. Last night at 10:30 I said, "I have a favor to ask you, please don't play video games tonight." He was angry and said "I'm leaving." I just calmly said "okay" and he left. But I keep thinking "will he kill himself?" Within minutes he was back home, and I thought it was to get his stuff, but he just went up to his room and stayed there. I left him alone, but it was quiet up there and I wondered "Is he alive or dead?" You can see how I have been affected by my brothers death. He was such a wonderful, good person and it never should have happened. I named my son after him. I am in such anguish. I need you.

Ann

Re: Please keep helping me
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 11:44 AM

Hi again, we are here for you every step of the way! Please keep coming back. Sometimes people pop in and out (including me) depending on what is happening in our lives, but eventually we will read and share.
Should you ever need to talk and the forum is slow, you are welcome to email me at ann17042@gmail.com. If not, then just keep coming here and know that we care.
Thinking of you,
Ann

Winnie

Re: Please keep helping me
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 11:08 PM

I feel for you. You are not alone. You do need to take care of yourself but i know that is easier said than done. Just take small steps. Ann always has very wise advise and comforting words so contact her directly when this website is not posting in a timely fashion

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.