Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Black Tar Heroin
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 1:49 AM by: mayabee

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 3
brittneyitule

Black Tar Heroin
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 6:36 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello my name is Brittney. I'm only 17 years old and turn 18 pretty soon. I am a Heroin addict. The first time I tried Black Tar was at my friend Laurens house. I occasionally messed around with coke and I went over there with $30 expecting to get some. I would have NEVER thought in a million years that I would've tried heroin, let alone become a full blown addict. Heroin is probably the most addictive drug and gives you a feeling of self-worth and makes you feel like all the pain and stuggles in your life are gone. Heroin is the best high in the world.

Anyways, at Laurens I was offered to smoke some heroin. I had no idea how to do it or even what it was going to do to me. I have never shot up (injected) heroin and I promised myself I will never. Although I have built quite the tolerance to it and need to smoke $60 worth to get high and last more than one day, I refuse to put a needle of poison in my arm. The method of smoking heroin is sort of a art form. My friends and I joke about how artsy heroin is and setting it up and smoking it percisely. How to smoke heroin: you will need, tin foil, straw or opened pen, heroin of course, and a bic lighter..they work the best. I am not here to make you start doing heroin, trust me that is my LAST wish. I need you to be put in my shoes and understand the process of heroin and how it affects me.

So I was sitting on Laurens bed with her best friend Hannah. I was sitting there with a dumb expression on my face and completely clueless on how to smoke it. So they showed me. You lay out a piece tin foil and even it out on the dull side (helps the heroin trail better) you put a decent amout into a ball and place it on the foil, then you light the bottom of the foil and hold the foil at an angle and inhale the smoke through the straw.

I will never forget the feeling of heroin. It's almost unreal. EVERYTHING goes away. EVERYONE fades. all the pain runsssssssssssssss. I vomit almost everytime I do heroin, I don't know when to expect it but it happens and I have lost 15lbs because of it. My parents recently found out because a friend of mine did it with me and got tested and ratted me out. They are so protective and are making me get cousling, I don't want to go. I want to smoke heroin and get high. Someone help me, before I lose everything...

I would appreicate if you respond with insight or similar stories.
<3 brit

Winnie

Re: Black Tar Heroin
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 11:40 PM

Firsty, take the help your family is offering. Get off that crap now or it will destroy your life and everyone around you.

Secondly, addicts come to this forum looking for advise or just needing to share or vent. Please refrain from being so graphic about how you use and describing your high. It could trigger an addict that is struggling to stay clean. Addicts in treatment are not allowed to be this descriptive in group sessions so i do not think it should be allowed here.

mtbmarmar

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 4:41 PM

Dear Britney,

I am the mom of a 21-year old heroin addict. Like you, he started doing other drugs recreationally in high school, then smoked heroin. His girlfriend showed him how to shoot up two years ago. Right now he has been clean for a month, but the last year has been a living hell. He is a bright kid,with a great future. He has quit college, has no job, and just trying to get himself together. Please please listen to your parents before you get in any deeper, because unfortunately, you will. Good luck to you.

mayabee

Posted: Oct 16, 2010 1:49 AM

I hope you will post some more - good that you're reaching out. I'm concerned that you think of heroin as some sort of artistic expression - it's easy to glamorize drug use but truly, this could kill you. My friend's son died a few years back. He used heroin & benzos- well, actually he'd experimented with pretty much everything. He was incredibly smart & kind- very gifted. However, he viewed drug use as an art form of sorts, a way to test boundaries, to push the envelope of human experience as far as possible. It killed him. Please, please get off this road now.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.