Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Report from the High Desert September 12, 2010
Replies: 4   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 18, 2010 12:52 PM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 4
waterdance

Report from the High Desert September 12, 2010
Posted: Sep 12, 2010 7:05 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All, Where is everyone? Daughter Janice and husband Mike arrived on Monday Night. Chuck off early and he cooked thick pork chops, mashed potatoes, green fried tomatoes (from our garden) and of course apple sauce....red wine too...Mike had beer. I had candles lit in tall cocktail glasses with seashells and shiny colored stones. Had the blues on. Went to Goldwater Lake for picnic and visit to Whiskey Row, Prescott the next day. Janice doesn't look well....has fibromyalgia. Confirmed a few weeks ago. She plans to take care of her health and not work for a year or so.She loved our jacuzzi tub. We can add on here if she wants to move. We'll see. We talked little of Stella and the gang in Phoenix. She said I looked well, better than the last time she saw me.The visit did me good. Write everyone. Hugs to all, Love, Deb

JLP2

Re: Report from the High Desert September 12, 2010
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 10:11 AM

So glad your weekend was good!

Carrie

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 5:06 PM

It's nice to feel you smile. I am a big rhythm and blues fan too. You had yourself a nice little get together and those are the best. Good food, good friends, it doesn't get much better.

I had some good news myself yesterday, finally, after 9 months of blood tests, they have ruled out Hep C and 99% positive that I never had it...I am so pleased, had a couple beers myself last night! Things are still a mess across the street and I'm going out later to pick up some anti-anxiety/anti-depressant meds (new) that the doc thinks might help me. I'm having trouble at work staying on task, very distracted and tearful all the time. I hope they will take the edge off, even though now I hate to take anything. Important to appreciate the little things that make you happy. Hugs to you too, Deb.

Fatima

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 9:11 PM

Hi Deb, So glad you had a wonderful visit with your friend. It's so important to appreciate the good things in life like music, friends and great food. My husband has a "garage" band (5 guys over 45!) for fun and often plays the blues. They sound really good. Music keeps him sane in the midst of our pain over our 2 kids.

waterdance

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 12:52 PM

Good Morning All, Good Morning JLP2, Carrie and Fatima,Thanks for posting. I love the blues. If this was a perfect world I would come back and be in a blues band. There's no doubt about it. Went to several garage sales yesterday. Found interesting book by Andrew Weil on drugs. Will report on book later. Have had 4 treatments by Dr. A N. on my back...Not feeling A-1 yet but about 40 per cent better. Just got to be careful not to do too much. My sugar baby watermellons are doing well. I understand that the stem needs to turn brown before they are ripe. It's starting to get cold at night. Worried about freeze. Love and heartfelt hugs, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.