Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: beautiful boy
Replies: 4   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 16, 2010 1:10 PM by: holdinhope

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 4
holdinhope

beautiful boy
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 9:19 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I have a son who is 21.I have been trying to help him with his heroin addiction for about 1 yr now.Im not sure how parents who have the same issue make it through day to day.He doesnt live with me nor does he live in the same town,im not sure if that makes it harder or easier.I have become an addict myself....to my son.Iam constantly checking emails,phones to see if he has called or emailed me.We have just recently lost our life line,his phone has been shut off and now i feel as though i have been cut off completely,and its making me crazy.Im not sure how to go on with my life as long as im not sure if he even has one himself.This book helped out a little.knowing that someone else knows what i feel.

holdinhope

Re: beautiful boy
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 9:28 PM

i do have to say that reading this book actually gives me some hope that everything will turn out just fine.but the hope is far and few between.

AZDAD

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 11:34 AM

Good Morning.....!!
My 17 year old son is a Heroin Addict. I can relate to your pain and I will keep you in my prayers.

cindykay

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 8:16 PM

My daughter has been clean and sober off heroin for just about 20 months. The journey has taken us to hell and back. Many have asked how she was able to do this and my response was that she decided she wanted to live. Even then, the numerous relapses set her back, but then she would start all over again. She said it was the hardest thing she has ever had to do, but today she is the daughter we knew and loved before the addiction. I too was addicted to her addiction and ran the "heroin hustle" for several years. Nothing I did was able to stop it, it just made it harder for her to use. She states today how grateful she is for my help as she was not able to take care of herself at the time. We took the car, restricted the phone, had a locator put on the phone and monitored all the phone bills and gave her no money. In time, she just got tired of trying to find a way to use. It was so exhausting and one day it just began to change. I pray you both find this day and your child finds their way off heroin. It is truly a beast. We did detox and suboxone and that did seem to help her get started on the right path. Today she is drug free and off of suboxone. I recommend this to anyone who asks. They do have to be monitored though. Watch them take it and don't trust them to take it themselves. They will sell it. I will pray for all of you still living with addicted children. Rehabs work only if the addict is ready for it to work. It all comes down to them wanting to stop. We cannot make that decision for them.

holdinhope

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 1:10 PM

I appreciate your responses and some give me hope.he claims he is on semboxone but what can you believe?from my understanding semboxone can still get them high.im so eady for this horrible nightmare to come to an end...and hopefully with good results.i still have not been able to stop blameing myself.when i gave birth to my son i took an oath to always prtect him and watch over him and as for today i feel that i failed.how do you move on with life and stop the blameing?

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.