Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Pill Addiction
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 1, 2010 8:56 PM by: Winnie

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
momofawareness

Pill Addiction
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 11:11 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I am all about taking a stand on addiction. My son has been addicted for over 5 years and it has been unrelenting. Nic and David are the closest things I have had to my own life and suffering. I even had a pulmonary embolism that almost took my life similar to David's aneurysm. We have to stand together and fight against addiction. David if you ever form a nationwide organization count me in for whatever you need. Don't ever give up. My son's life is going to stand for something whether he survives or not from his addiction. I am all about awareness. He was just recently arrested and charged with many felonies. But the courts are going to let him out again. He is only 19 and his drug addiction is still rampant. The system has failed him again and again. The drugs control him and he is like 2 different people. If I could say one thing to everyone it is have hope and you are NOT ALONE...NOT EVER.

Winnie

Re: Pill Addiction
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 8:56 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Like yourself i think everyone needs to get educated on the disease of addiction. It was not until the last few months that i finally got to see and talk to someone that gave me very good advise on enabling and how to handle boundries, consequences ect.. Now i know what i have to do when situtations arise instead of worrying about what is going to happen next and what is the best thing to do. This information should be readily available it should not take numerous therapists and health workers to finally find someone that understands addiction and teach parents how to handle their child's addiction.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.