Lesson Plans for Secondary School Educators
Unit Six: Treebeard's Lament
1. Who says, "Farewell, Aragorn! Go to Minas Tirith and save my people! I have failed."
(Answer: Boromir, page 404)
2. What character has a language in which "real names tell you the story of things they belong to"?
(Answer: Treebeard, page 454)
3. Who was named heir to the "King of the Golden Hall"?
(Answer: Éomer, page 511)
4. Who came with Erkenbrand of Westfold to aid the defenders of Helm's Deep?
(Answer: Gandalf, page 529)
5. To whom did Théoden say, "I fear your voice has lost its charm"?
(Answer: Saruman, page 566)
Unit Six Content
Comments for Teachers